We recommend that all patches for costuming purposes should be sewn since some of these have more waxy backings than others.
To activate the heat seal on your iron on patch, follow these simple directions:
- Heat iron to 400 degrees (The “cotton” setting). Do Not use steam.
- Pre-heat fabric where patch is to be placed for 10-20 seconds.
- Place heat seal side of patch on the garment. Cover with a fine cloth and press firmly for 15-20 seconds.
- Turn garment inside out and iron back side of patch for 20-25 seconds.
- If edges lift up repeat step #4.
In addition to ironing on, try sewing for the most secure attachment. You may also use many of the popular brands of fabric glue to attach your emblems to your garment.
NOTE: We would NOT recommend ironing the patches to the velcro we sell. The heat may melt the velcro. We would recommend sewing or glueing the patches to the velcro.